- How do people find you?
- Ever wondered how you can appear more organically visible online when people search for your service?
- Do you wish you could dominate the field when people type in the search box a keyword related to looking for your services?
All of this is related to Search Engine Optimization, and as there are always more people entering the competitive field of your niche, without some optimization you are likely to be swamped under everyone else’s vying for attention.
In the Brick and Mortar world people get visible by refurbishing their premises
, employing a door barker for their restaurant, or placing flyers in a targeted area, or advertising, or getting press releases and featured reviews or articles, and of course simply by word of mouth – and we know how powerful that is. SEO in the broad sense is all of these things;
- Onsite SEO will optimise your site and the ease of which search engines can see it.
- Backlinking is about creating a net by farming out links that lead back to your website.
- Article Marketing, Press Releases, Guest writer posts on blogs and review sites all create qualified backlinks that have vetted the likeliness of the traffic coming through to your site being relevant.
- Video Marketing, and Social Networking, can generate a powerful resonance with reputation just like word of mouth.
All of the above methods are part of SEO, but can be abused and as a result get you penalized in rankings by google. For example backlinking can be recognized as link spamming by google, which recognizes this as trying to cheat the organic world so will likely debunk your listing altogether. SEO activities have to be properly diagnosed relevant to your business before administering anything that might significantly cut your search for visibility off at the knees.